Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
By delivering solutions across spectrums of health care Optum is focused on our aspiration of improving experiences and outcomes for everyone we serve while reducing the total cost of care. In support of this, OptumInsight's purpose is to connect the health care system with trusted services, analytics and platforms that make clinical and administrative processes valuable, easy and efficient for everyone.
OptumInsight provides analytics, research, consulting, technology and managed services solutions to hospitals, physicians, health plans, government agencies, life science companies and other industry partners. In addition to our many commercial clients, OptumInsight capabilities and technologies are leveraged by OptumHealth, OptumRx and our sister company UnitedHealthcare.
Revenue Cycle Associate Directors / Directors serve as industry experts while they implement best practices in Optum360 client/partner locations. Associate Directors / Directors combine their leadership, experience and understanding of Optum360 solutions to bring world class results in Revenue Cycle Projects and end-to-end partnerships.
Significant responsibility for managing large complex diligence efforts ranging from large academic medical centers to smaller community hospitals. Effectively communicate and build relationships with client executives and management to assess business needs and design and implement measureable solutions that meet or exceed diligence objectives. Lead and oversee project teams by creating a collaborative, high performance work environment while continually addressing issues and ensuring successful outcomes throughout the project. Work collaboratively in a team environment while also exercising appropriate autonomy when needed to meet job requirements.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
Typical projects include, but are not limited to:
- Revenue cycle assessments
- Revenue cycle process improvement
- Alignment and implementation of client/partner processes and Optum360 technology
- Revenue cycle improvement / redesign
- Reimbursement and managed care
- Interim management (as applicable)
- Provide revenue cycle management services to client/partners in all areas of the healthcare revenue cycle which includes:
- Patient access (scheduling, preregistration, insurance verification/financial counseling)
- Registration/Admission (ED, inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory)
- Health Information Management (transcription, coding, clinical documentation improvement)
- Patient financial services (charge capture, pre-billing, billing, follow-up, cash posting, account resolution)
- Decision support and analytics
- Productivity and quality management
- Successfully lead and manage a diverse group of professionals and personalities on large complex engagements by fostering a collaborative team culture
- Orchestrate multiple complex work streams through others by directing and leading, not necessarily doing
- Document findings, impacts and recommendations within assessment deliverables; responsible for the revenue cycle sections within each deliverable
- Collaborate with assessment team (Clinical, IT and PM) in developing overall strategic findings and recommendations based on areas of risk or opportunity identified during interviews
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) to a variety of audiences; must be able to persuade and influence the actions of others; Interactions will range from routine to complex and include formal and informal presentations, one-on-one and group discussions
- Prepare final client status reports and create presentations to clients and engagement staff that demonstrate full command of factual material
- Manage day-to-day client relationships including executive management
- Play a key role in the retention, professional development and performance review of staff, including the mentoring, coaching and recruiting of staff
- Identify client/partner barriers in achieving operational excellence
- Understand client/partner business metrics and results
- Evaluate and analyze client/partner data to understand trends in all areas of the operation
- Development of options and recommendations for client/partner improvement
- Perform benefit modeling and financial analyses that clearly demonstrate the value of our solution to clients and prospective clients.
- Collaborate with client/partner revenue cycle team and other departments in order to facilitate resolution of process issues and implement world-class solutions.
- Provide informed feedback to Optum360 and client/partner executives including assessments of processes, standards, suggestions and improvements
- Develop work plans, project tasks and manage projects in accordance with budget.
- Provide interim staffing services as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6+ years of healthcare consulting / management experience OR leadership experience in provider organization
- 4+ years of experience with revenue cycle workflow in the hospital and ambulatory environment (registration, scheduling, coding, billing, contracting)
- 3+ years of experience with revenue cycle consulting experience including revenue cycle outsourcing, interim management or performance improvement
- 1+ years of functional or technical experience with Epic
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or related field
- 2+ years of experience prior Revenue Cycle hospital-based provider consulting or revenue cycle management experience
- Revenue Cycle hospital-based provider consulting experience
- Ambulatory and Acute Experience
- Experience and comfort working at all levels of a health care organization
- In-depth knowledge of the complete healthcare revenue cycle
- Proficient personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of hospital-based IT systems
- Ability to probe, analyze, synthesize and articulate complex subject matter so it can be easily understood
- High degree of self-motivation, versatility and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Revenue Cycle Management Associate Director, Revenue Cycle, RCM, Consulting, Provider, Ambulatory, Hospital, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota