BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Accountant for an opportunity in Indianapolis, IN 46204.
Job Title: Accountant
Location:Indianapolis, IN 46204
Duration: 18 Months
Purpose of Position/Summary:
This position is assigned to work within the client department as an accountant. The position is responsible for a variety of important and complex accounting functions including: understanding and applying federal grant accounting principles, ensuring compliance with federal financial reporting requirements, determining amounts to be drawn down on federal funds, understanding indirect cost principles and calculating indirect cost amounts, communicating with program managers about the status of federal and state funds, assist in developing and documenting procedures for Finance department.
This position requires a great deal of attention to detail, multi-tasking, and translating complex financial data, formulas, and general reports into consumable narratives for program areas who may or may not have advanced working knowledge of financial principles, practices, or policies.
This position acts as the primary point of contact as a general resource for the program area to which the incumbent is assigned by management.
- Prepare monthly appropriation reports for State funds, Department funds and Federal projects;
- Review monthly appropriation reports for accuracy and allowable expenses;
- Process journal entries for indirect costs, expense transfers and corrections;
- Reconcile monthly appropriation report revenue with the appropriate Federal tracking system;
- Request Federal draws from the appropriate Federal tracking system;
- Process Report of Collections (ROCs) to claim Federal draws and other revenue, make corrections, or process revenue type payments;
- Ensure accurate chart fields for requisitions and purchase orders are entered;
- Fiscal Approval for requisitions and purchase orders for assigned State funds, Federal Funds, and departments;
-Compare requirements for grants, Notice of Awards, and other responsibilities as the relate to financial operations and reporting;
-Attain basic operational knowledge for the program areas of assignment;
- Reconcile and request purchase orders or purchase order lines associated with assigned State funds, Federal funds, and departments to be closed;
- Prepare and submit Federal Financial Reports (FFRs) via the appropriate Federal tracking system;
- Reconcile and request assigned projects to be closed upon completion;
- Meet with Program Directors and Program Managers no less than quarterly or more frequently at the program areas request and/or need to review and validate assigned State funds, Federal funds, and department funds;
- Respond to Management, Program, and Federal inquiries for assigned State funds, Federal funds, department funds;
-Engage in periodic, comprehensive reviews of financial data;
-Translate complex financial data formulas and general reports into consumable narratives for use by others;
- Perform related duties as required.
- Thorough knowledge and the ability to apply general the Generally Accepted Accounting
- Thorough knowledge and the ability to apply Generally Accepted Audit Standards and related theories;
- Thorough knowledge of Governmental Accounting;
- Broad knowledge of federal, state and agency budgeting and fiscal policies and procedures;
- Thorough knowledge of computers;
- Advanced knowledge of appropriate Encompass modules;
- Extensive knowledge of agency organization and function;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with all levels of the organization;
- Ability to work under pressure and to practice diplomacy, tact, and courtesy;
- Ability to problem solve and research and recommend remedies to complex issues;
- Ability to develop effective procedures.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 131183 when responding to this ad.