D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an Accountant for their Accounting Department. The right candidate will be responsible for applying principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Assists in maintaining budgets and projected costs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare House Profit Analyses and review gross profit margins for each sales contract
- Review SG&A expenses and provide coding
- Review employee expense reimbursements for accuracy and appropriate documentation
- Review job costs for budget variances, cost code errors, and other posting errors on invoices, etc.
- Prepare journal entries as needed
- Conduct monthly close procedures and ensure deadlines are met
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Post bank deposits and create related cash receipt journals
- Process timely payment of property taxes and monthly amortization
- Monitor fixed asset purchases and ensure timely capitalization and depreciation of assets
- Assist vendors with any questions as needed
- Assist in SG&A forecast preparation
- Other ad hoc analyses, reports and projects as needed by division management