CEDIA is the leading global authority in the $14 billion home technology industry. CEDIA represents 3,700-member companies worldwide and serves more than 30,000 industry professionals that manufacture, design, and integrate goods and services for the connected home. CEDIA is the brand of custom-installed home lifestyle experiences that define a pathway to prosperity for members and ultimate contentment for clients. CEDIA currently has an opening for an Accounting/Finance Manager.
Position is responsible for the performance of financial reporting and transactions for CEDIA’s US operations:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Lead the month end reconciliation process for the team including but not limited to reconciling and/or the review of cash, AR, AP, Fixed Assets, Deferred Revenue, Prepaid Expenses, Investments and Other assets/liabilities
· Preparation of the monthly Financial Statements (i.e., Balance Sheet, Income Statement for all entities and departments) and Dashboards for Finance Committee, Board of Directors, and Department Heads, as applicable
· Assist in the design and implementation of internal controls and processes for the accounting and finance department. Ensure compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements
· Review/prepare monthly journal entries (i.e., payroll, investments, deferred income, membership revenue allocation, suspense account allocations, postage allocations, etc.)
· Perform initial review of the monthly trial balance and financial statements for accuracy
· Process and/or Review wires/ACHs for banks as necessary.
· Process the monthly investment portfolio entries
· Participate in strategic data analysis, research, and modeling for senior management
· Reviewing, monitoring and managing budgets including supporting the management team on development of the annual budget process
· Serve as a back-up for all Accounts Payable transactions (bi-weekly check run and manual/wire payments). Work with the team and assist in the daily activity of Accounts Payable (i.e. review, answer questions, etc.).
· Serve as a back-up for all Sales (Accounts Receivable) and Cash receipts into GP Dynamics as necessary. Work with and assist in the daily activity of Accounts Receivable/cash receipts.
· Assist the Senior Director of Finance and outside auditors with completing of audit schedules/reports, pulling audit selections, and preparing audited financial statements and tax returns as applicable
· Research all department, vendor, and customer/member inquiries as requested.
· Assist the Senior Director of Finance in other department tasks as requested.
This position does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities to start but may have in the future.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and 5+ years accounting or finance experience. CPA with public accounting experience preferred
· Thorough understanding of accounting and financial management required
· Experience with non-profit accounting and Microsoft Dynamics GP strongly preferred.
· Strong communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
· Communication Skills: Ability to understand written procedures and policies. Normal capabilities in cross departmental communications regarding Finance department issues impacting other departments.
· Planning & Organizing: Effectively implements and monitors moderately complex plans/schedules, such that tasks/projects are consistently completed on time and in accordance with objectives. Recognizes problems and takes corrective action to prevent undesirable outcomes.
· Mathematical Skills: Excellent understanding of concepts of general accounting and understand accrual-based accounting, database management, and invoicing.
Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and develop reports on department metrics
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists. Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills.
· Supervision: Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and support the development of the finance team.