Job # : 151073
Title : Accounting Specialist
Location : Indianapolis, IN.
Salary Range : Up to $42,000 annually
Position : Accounting
Diverse Staffing is currently seeking an Accounting Specialist at our company. The employee will work for Diverse Staffing at our Corporate Office on the Northwest side of Indianapolis, IN. for this opportunity. This is a full time position on our internal accounting team and will pay an annual base salary of up to $42,000 dependent on experience level.
The Accounting Specialist will assist with cash applications, month, quarter and year-end tasks as needed. In addition, complete general ledger entries, processes account payables, purchase orders and general expenses. Ensures accuracy in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Diverse Staffing’s policies and procedures.
The following represents the essential job functions, but is not intended to be fully inclusive of additional job responsibilities that may be assigned by your supervisor as needed:
- Responsible for daily accounts payable (AP) processing, purchase orders (POs), credit card statement reconciliation, and additional accounting tasks.
- Complete necessary general ledger entries for completed work
- Perform daily, monthly, quarterly, annual activities related to general ledger reconciliation
- Work with accounts receivable (AR) team on projects and/or daily tasks
- Assist Client Services with processing new customer credit releases
- Maintain accurate support documentation for all entries made during period
- Other accounting duties as assigned
At Diverse Staffing, our focus is on helping people achieve their career goals through the right career opportunities. We truly value our staff. Diverse employees enjoy safe work environments, fair supervision, reliable pay, and even benefits like medical coverage if you need it! Diverse Staffing is committed to providing jobs for veterans transitioning to civilian life.
It's time to join a winning team. Apply today!
For immediate consideration please forward resumes to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Candidates must meet the following minimum job requirements to be deemed qualified for the position:
- Associate degree (preferably concentration in accounting, finance or economics) or equivalent work experience in with credit and collections
- Experience with Quickbooks Desktop or comparable accounting software
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Accounting, Finance or general bookkeeping roles
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to interact in a respectful manner with a diverse population of colleagues and clients; leveraging active listening skills and paying attention to cues from reading their audience
- Proven communication skills; able to convey one’s message in a clear, concise and professional manner, considering one’s audience, in all forms of media (i.e. voicemail, phone, email, face-to-face,) and handles conflicts and disagreements constructively
- Well organized and proficient multi-tasking capabilities; able to prioritize multiple client job requisitions, software and business processes while remaining compliant with policies and delivering against deadlines
- Proven problem-solving skills and analytical abilities; able to identify important aspects of a problem, gather appropriate information, determine potential causes, and specify alternative solutions
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
Diverse Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. INDLP
Job Type : Permanent
Post Date : 05/10/2020