ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
Due to anticipated growth, our client located on the North side of Indianapolis is searching for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team!
They offer an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision, flexible in-time, 4 weeks of PTO, and competitive salary. If you are ready for career opportunities backed by the strength of a growing organization, submit your resume today.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is a motivated and driven individual with a proven track record of bookkeeping and accounts payable responsibilities. The right candidate must be positive, energetic, self-motivated, able to manage timelines, and work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The Accounts Payable Specialist will provide accounting support to major financial accounting areas, including accounts payable, general ledger accounting, financial analysis and account reconciliations.
• Match invoices and purchase orders
• Review and code all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
• Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
• Accounts payable data entry
• Process check runs
• Audit and process credit card bills
• Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
• Assist in month-end closing
• Bank reconciliations
• Strong worth ethic and dependability
• Must possess professionalism, excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with a team
• Knowledge of accounts payable/general ledger systems, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
• Strong attention to detail, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred
• Minimum of 3 years experience in Accounting or Finance
• Solid Excel skills and exposure to automated account