OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY (IN-OBGY-IUINA)
Provide administrative support for physicians within assigned specialty/ area, which includes maintain calendars, schedule meetings, answer patient and non-patient related phone calls, as well as other related support activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
(50%) Faculty Support:
- Responsible for coordinating the administrative operations of the assigned division or area. Serve as the central contact point and oversee all administrative activities of the division. Provide administrative support to all faculty providers such as: answering phone calls, assisting with credential and licensing maintenance, routine copying/faxing, maintaining curriculum vitae for physicians, and other duties as assigned.
- Manage schedule coordination for all division faculty and maintain individual faculty calendars; schedule appointments, block clinical time on Outlook calendars, and resolve scheduling conflicts. Assist Division Director with scheduling tasks such as division faculty vacation and clinic tracking.
(50%) Administrative Support:
- Schedule and make all arrangements associated with conference calls and meetings - both recurring and single occurrence. Take meeting minutes; update and maintain files and spreadsheets from meeting as well as distribute materials as requested.
- Order and maintain office supplies, placing charges on the correct account and working with the department's financial staff to reconcile PO's, etc.
- Assist the Onboarding Specialist with faculty candidate visits/itineraries for assigned division/area.
- Provide as back-up support for other administrative support staff in the department.
High school diploma or GED and one year of related experience.
Familiarity with MS Office. Good organizational and computer skills. Excellent communication skills.
Knowledge of medical terminology.
Salary Plan: CL
Salary Grade: 06
Job Function: General Admin
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information .
Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online . You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or by visiting IUPD.