Essential Job Functions
- Works with human resources staff to design and document business processes, work flow, output and data retention requirements. Designs and generates standard and requested reports on a daily, weekly, quarterly or annual basis.
- Coordinates activities and requirements with software vendors to assist in resolving systems issues.
- Develops and implements standards and controls to ensure the data integrity of the HRIS applications and databases. Develops systems and procedures documentation.
- Evaluates human resource information system software and hardware needs and designs new and/or modifies existing system to meet changing demands. Coordinates implementation plans with the technology area.
- Provides leadership and/or specific expertise in addressing special project needs to include year end reporting for compensation and payroll, employment compliance reporting, etc. ensuring the integrity and timeliness of the data.
- Coordinates between human resources and systems personnel to resolve programming and functionality problems. Ensures implementation, operation, and maintenance of the human resource systems and applications are in accordance with established standards.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Works with unit/area management to identify key business objectives and translate them into human resource applications and/or systems.
- Assesses organizational needs and provides diagnosis and recommendations for improvements and/or interventions and manages the implementation of solutions where required.
- Performs the development and/or generation of more complex reports and data management in support of human resources day-to-day activities on a wide range of HRIS applications.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information technology, computer science or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of human resource information systems (HRIS) experience
- Experience working with human resources principles, practices and procedures
- Experience working with human resources operations, administration, compensation and benefits programs
- Experience working with human resources information systems
- Experience working with database management and infrastructure software
- Experience working with internal desktop tools and systems
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good comprehension skills for understanding needs and concerns and developing and applying solutions
- Good organization and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills for interacting with all levels of human resource information systems (HRIS) users, systems personnel and vendors
- Good ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality regarding employee information
- Ability to understand and apply federal, state and local changes and/or new regulations/laws pertaining to human resources
- Office environment
- May require shift work