Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth & Investment Management, or WIM, is one of the United States' leading providers of financial and investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients' unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence. We accomplish this by:
- Building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice
- Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives
- Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth
WIM serves clients through the following businesses:
- Wells Fargo Private Bank serves high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Abbot Downing serves ultra-high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Wells Fargo Advisors provides investment advice and guidance to clients through more than 13,200 full-service financial advisors and referrals from more than 5,450 licensed bankers.
- Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of institutions, financial advisors, and individuals worldwide.
Through Wells Fargo Private Bank and Abbot Downing, WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment, and fiduciary services, including personal trust services and a number of specialized wealth services designed to meet the diverse needs of high-net-worth clients.
Wells Fargo recently announced the sale of Wells Fargo Asset Management to GTCR LLC and Reverence Capital Partners, L.P.. The sale is expected to close in the second half of 2021. We are continuing to recruit for open positions supporting Asset Management, but want to ensure you are aware that when the sale closes this position will be transferred to the new company. If you begin working at Wells Fargo, you should expect to transfer with the sale to the new company, with similar employment terms and conditions following your Wells Fargo start date.
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM), within WIM, has an opening for a Portfolio Analyst EQ 1 to join our team as part of the Analyst Development Program (ADP). The two-year WFAM Analyst Development Program offers recent college graduates an entry into the competitive field of investment management. Throughout the program, analysts undergo a combination of classroom and on-the-job training to build the skill set and knowledge base necessary to succeed in the industry. Analysts will work with one of our investment teams to learn the research skills and investment strategy critical to successful portfolio management. Each analyst will also gain exposure to various areas of the firm and complete the program with a solid understanding of all industry functions.
The program includes in-depth training in one of WFAM's main markets, offering analysts an introduction into how WFAM does business as well as an in-depth understanding of our products and industry. Rigorous training continues throughout the program and is tailored towards analysts' personal interests and talents. Analysts will have the opportunity to interact one-on-one with leaders from all areas of the firm.
This entry level role will have a focus on fundamental equity research and analysis. The analyst will be tasked with helping to execute each phase of an established investment process, from sourcing ideas, to doing in depth research and analysis, to supporting portfolio construction and capital allocation decisions. The role with be with the Fundamental Growth Equity team, who manage around $12B in assets in an active, growth oriented strategy.
- 1+ year of investment research experience
- Experience working with research tools such as: FactSet, Bloomberg, and Barra
- Equity markets experience
- Good statistics and math skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Microsoft Excel experience designing and running macros
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Analysts are required to hold a bachelor's degree by the time the training program begins
- Recent college graduate. Spring 2021 graduates preferred.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and quantitative abilities that can be demonstrated through coursework in finance, accounting, statistics, and math, as well as in work-related and project management experience
- Business experience through internship, co-op, or part-time position preferred
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.