TMC Transportation is the nation's largest employee-owned, open deck transportation company. Founded in 1972, and headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, TMC provides expert transportation services and supply-chain management solutions throughout the 48 contiguous states. If you're seeking a rewarding career at a dynamic company built on integrity, innovation and dedication to quality and customer service, then join us in our Destination of Excellence.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Ownership - ESOP!
TMC Transportation has an immediate full-time opening for an Appearance Technician working out of our office in Brownsburg, Indiana.
The primary function of an Appearance Technician is to wash, detail, and buff/wax trucks. This may include light tractor and/or trailer maintenance. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in learning the fundamentals of Class 8 on-highway preventative maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess the conditions of equipment as it arrives (using a checklist) and summarize any areas that are not up to specified standards
- Physically scrub and rinse entire outside of equipment, including buffing and waxing as needed
- Clean all parts of interior, including shampooing carpeted areas as necessary
- Minor tractor and/or trailer maintenance as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma preferred.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including good listening skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the drivers in order to explain if/how their trucks fail to meet cleanliness standards.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts.
- Must be able to lift 100lbs. above head.
- Must be able to bend and squat for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb on/off tractors and trailers throughout the shift.
- Must be quality driven and able to determine when cleaning, buffing, and waxing is completed according to standard; must be able to identify when re-work is necessary.