US Tech Solutions is seeking a “Application Security Consultant / Security Champion" for a 9 Months with a client in Indianapolis, IN.
As part of Corporate Security team, you will build security process, supporting smooth agile application delivery that help client transition into leveraging a full CI/CD pipeline including integrated threat modeling, design reviews, code reviews, automatic builds, pipeline testing, and releases and leveraging cloud native services and solutions. In this role you will work with other top architects and developers in building modern DevOps solutions that scale in a high-volume transactional environment by owning the “Security" part of DevOps.
What You’ll Do: Lead, drive and mentor the client System Team as described below:
50 % Technical work and being security evangelist:
- Work jointly with the agile teams in iterative sprints to drive the threat modeling, design review, development and testing of CI/CD solutions:
- Collaborate with IT App Delivery Agile teams to educate and implement security practices as a standard from the inception of the work
- Assist on the security controls to teams in designing new applications,
- Connect with various technical and business teams to brainstorm on new and upcoming industry security best practices
- Provide technical guidance to developers on discovering and remediating software coding security vulnerabilities.
- Analyze and provide management reporting on vulnerability detection, remediation and compliance trending,
- Partner with architects and application development teams in secure software design
- Apply knowledge of information security and application development industry trends and technology to drive organizational change and position to properly manage and remediate vulnerabilities
- Lead Application Security Community of Practice and provide feedback on information Security related processes, tools and procedures
- Identity Security Vulnerabilities and articulate the business risks to stack holders
- uncovering security issues in design and code, and guiding teams to the right fix at the right time,
- Interact directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats
- Analyze, assess, and respond to various internet threats
- Attend sprint demo and PIPE events
- Review the features and mark it if it requires the Security champion involvement during the Development phase,
- Build automation and tests to streamline the code to cash pipeline
30% Research work and being solutions analyst:
- Monitor industry and identify latest application security threats in the technology components we are using,
- Formulate and recommend tactical solutions for each Sprint deliveries,
- Formulate strategic solutions and establish new secure baseline for all agile teams to consider.
20 % Technical work and being facilitator for speedy adoption:
- Develop monthly updates of security training and outreach content specific to each agile team’s need,
- Lead monthly security training and Community of Practice discussions.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple teams and stakeholders balancing competing interests and priorities
- Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent professional training and hands-on accomplishments
- 10+ years of application programming in Python, Java, .Net, and in C interacting with secure authorization methods (Active Directory, SSO/ADFS, Privileged Access Management)
- 5+ years of hands-on agile (SAFe preferred) and DevOps experience with automating application deployment, continuous delivery, and continuous integration (VSTS, Jenkins, Maven)
- Infrastructure Automation (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, AWS Cloud Formation)
- Experience with Source Control (Git)
- Experience with virtualization and containers (Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant)
- Experience with creating and managing micro-segmentations and secure computing enclaves interacting with event driven processes across multiple programming boundaries such as AWS VPCs
About US Tech Solutions:
Your talent, our opportunities - This is the premise behind US Tech Solutions.
You have the skill we have the opportunity. As a team, we work passionately for you to get the right career opportunity across industry verticals and functions. For past sixteen years, leading Global
Companies and Fortune 500 come to us to get the right talent. Whether you want to work as full-time, contractor or part-time, technical or non-technical our talent consultants will connect with the right career opportunity globally.
Connect with our talent team today.
USTECH was founded in 2000 by Manoj Agarwal. Today, we are a global firm offering talent solutions to 150 customers including 20% of Fortune 500 across Financial Services, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Aerospace, Energy, Retail, Telecom, Technology, Manufacturing, and Engineering. We are headquartered in New Jersey with 40 global locations across the USA, Canada, Europe, and India. Deloitte has recognized USTECH as one of the fastest growing private businesses for the past five consecutive years and INC 500 for the past three. We have also been rated “The Top Business in the US" by Diversity Business since 2011. To learn more about how US Tech Solutions visit our website: www.ustechsolutions.com.
“US Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer" and “US Citizens & all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply."