Assists manager with overall operation of branch office including all phases of business development, credit extension, collection activities and training of office staff. Assumes leadership role in absence of manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists manager in supervising tasks performed in the branch and provides guidance and assistance to office staff
- Assists with developing and maintaining good customer and dealer relationships with continuous, positive contact
- Assists with account gain through proven loan judgment and effective customer and dealer solicitation
- Performs and oversees collection activities
- Ensures all branch actions are in compliance with state and federal regulations and Company policies regarding lending, collections, repossession, cash management and employment actions
- Ensures Company’s SAWS methodology is followed for evaluating loan applications and determines proper loan structure (determining advance, term, rate & appraisal)
- Ensures proper automobile appraisal
- Assists with appraisals, acquisition/disposal of repossessions
- Maintain office cash with accuracy and security
- Prompt and regular attendance is required
- Prior finance and/or underwriting experience
- Knowledge of state and federal lending regulations
- Ability to work evenings and Saturdays
- Maintain valid driver’s license, insurance, and reliable transportation to use for work
- Computer literate with strong Excel skills
- This position works in an office and consistently operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- This position frequently operates a standard telephone.
- This position frequently performs outside requiring driving, walking on uneven ground, climbing small stairs.
- Requires the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Four year college degree preferred OR equivalent finance experience
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be evaluated and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.