Uncle Sam wants you! To be more specific, over 4 million out-of-work Americans need your help. Yep, that's four, zero, zero, zero, zero, zero, zero. No pressure.
CareerBuilder's goal is simple but massive: we're going to knock some zeroes off that number. We are leading The Great RehireTM to rebuild a strong, diverse workforce-and fast. CareerBuilder supports the 67% of Americans without a college degree, the ones who keep everything running and need help the most.
We're looking for an Associate Creative Director with a Copywriter background. You must have a talent for words, a commitment to making an inclusive employment system and a passion for using your skills to make a difference in the lives of others-embodying the CareerBuilder mission of Empowering Employment. If you want to help shape a movement, we want to hear from you.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
This part should be no surprise: The Associate Creative Director is responsible for managing creative projects, providing leadership for CareerBuilder's copywriters and art directors and making sure initiatives are supported by a clear business strategy.
Check these boxes:
- Create an element of cool: We are breaking down the old brand and creating a new one, so we need a risk-taker, a trend-setter who can provide quality thinking and a proactive approach to exploration.
- Step up to the plate: Support the CMO and Creative Director on a daily basis in leading global creative initiatives.
- Be a teacher: Provide brand expertise and leadership in guiding the creative team, agency partners and internal teams in developing strategic creative solutions that meet business objectives and measurement goals.
- Help with some operational stuff: It's not glamourous, but refining and developing workflow processes and procedures (in coordination with CD and PM) helps to keep the ship running smoothly.
- Manage assignments: Our team shakes hands; we don't hold them. You should be ready to self-direct and manage multiple assignments simultaneously, within established timeframes and budgets.
- Review briefs: Help review incoming project requests, strategic briefs and other forms of project initiation.
- Be first line of QC: Review and approve work and provide clear, timely and constructive feedback to Creative Service colleagues.
- Be a spark: Lead the development of first drafts/concept rounds, which can be further implemented by design staff.
CareerBuilder employees are currently remote. We do have offices based in Chicago and Atlanta. When it is safe to return to the office, you will have the ability to continue to be remote or utilize the Chicago or Atlanta offices as determined by your manager.
- 7+ years of Copywriter experience (ad agency experience preferred); you can be a Sr. CW that's hungry for the next level, or already hold the ACD title and want to step into a bigger role
- Script writing experience / production experience is a bonus
- High level of strategic and conceptual thinking with the ability execute
- Ability to analyze, establish and manage schedules
- Ability to coach, assess, critique and redirect concepts in all mediums
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) or similar products mandatory
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite is a nice-to-have
- Frequent computer and phone use
- Frequent verbal and written communications
- Problem solving
- Analyze and interpret data to create concepts/collateral