Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position can be worked out of Eden Prairie, MN, Washington, DC or telecommute anywhere in the US.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide a full range of legal advice and support to Optum’s federal and state government health services business, advising on various government contracting-related issues and other public sector business matters
- Responsible for structuring, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating complex agreements and associated documents with customers, vendors, subcontractors and strategic partners for various government and commercial transactions
- Collaborate with business leaders and influence the organization to resolve legal issues of varying degrees of impact and significance
- Support proposal development and capture processes
- Work in partnership with Optum Compliance and Privacy teams
- Manage government inquiries and investigations and advise business on responses to same
- Assist with managing litigation matters in partnership with in-house and outside counsel litigation resources
- Ensure that company practices comply with state, local, and federal laws and regulations and are consistent with company policies
- Ability to provide legal support for strategic product/service solution offerings
- Develop best practices for addressing emerging legal and business risks
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Juris Doctorate degree
- Admitted to practice law in one or more states
- 5+ years of government contracting legal experience
- Experience with all phases of government procurement including RFP review, proposal preparation and review, drafting and negotiating prime and subcontract and teaming agreements, contract administration legal support and bid protest/claims support
- Deep knowledge of government contracting compliance issues
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience with and demonstrated understanding of federal and state healthcare and privacy laws and regulations
- Prior healthcare information technology legal experience
- Experience with state and local procurement and commercial transactions
- Experience collaborating across a matrixed business and legal environment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: general counsel, GC, attorney, lawyer, government contracts, JD, juris doctorate, legal, government procurement, compliance, healthcare, government contracting, Washington, D.C., Eden Prairie, MN, Optum, OptumServe, UHG, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote