If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
Bartender Essential Job Functions
- Welcome each guest personally within 30 seconds.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone, and body language always.
- Learn guest names and personally recognize our regular patrons.
- Take beverage orders from guests and servers.
- Accurately and immediately record and ring drink and food orders into Aloha.
- Mix, garnish and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages per recipe specifications.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges, and provide change as needed.
- Present drink and food menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding menu items.
- Receive and serve food orders to guests seated at the bar.
- Monitor and ensure that no Guest receives more than the allowed amount of alcohol.
- Serve alcohol responsibly. Should a guest reach the state where the bartender does not feel the guest should drive, supply a taxi. Do not hesitate to ask management intervention when necessary.
- Obey and follow all liquor laws and card anyone that looks under the age of 40.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves, and storage areas.
- Maintain bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
- Assist in restocking and replenishing bar inventory and supplies.
- Wash and sterilize stemware.
- Prepare garnishes for drinks.
- Clear and reset tables in the bar area.
- Complete open and close duties.
- Accommodate special requests.
- Report all equipment and bar maintenance issues to restaurant managers.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested by the General Manager and Restaurant Managers.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and maintain a positive attitude with a pleasant demeanor.
- Be a team player. Support and be supported by your co-workers.
Bartender Job Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of fine dining Bartending experience preferred.
- Understand federal, state, and local liquor laws.
- Must obtain, maintain, and keep on hand a current ATC license.
- Must provide Serv Safe Liquor Certification.
- Must have completed alcohol service training.
- Must complete company training and pass exam with a minimum score of 90%.
Bartender Work Environment/General Physical Requirements (subject to reasonable accommodations if warranted)
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers and restaurant staff.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching above shoulder level, and lifting/carrying up to 40 pounds.
- Standing for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the restaurants' requirements. Will require weekend, evening, and some holidays.
- Must maintain regular attendance.
- Clean black slip-resistant shoes and black socks.
- Clean, full length, black pressed slacks.
- Clean, pressed white button-down, long sleeve shirt.
- White or flesh tone undergarments are worn under the shirt.
- Bow tie.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Huse Culinary, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Bartender Job Functions Disclaimer
The above statement reflects the general functions of this job and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all the work requirements inherent in this role. The immediate supervisor may expand upon the above list if it is determined that additional duties fall within the partners' scope of responsibility.