Position Title: Benefits Consultant
Position Number: 351273
Location: Oakland, CA 94603
Position Type: Temporary
Required Skill Set:
Human Resources, MS Excel, Oracle
**C2C is not available**
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Duration:9 Months plus
Location:Oakland, CA /Remote to begin with
Required Experience: 1-5 years
Bachelor's Degree is a must
Prepare post retirement medical packets, advise physicians regarding retirement options, support the other Specialists and Supervisor, adhoc tasks
Processing manual transactions for multiple retirement savings plan.
Working experience with Vanguard would be a plus.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, etc.) and Oracle HCM.
Enhance and maintain customer focus through delivery of benefit services in the Service Area via meeting the needs of represented and non-represented employees through group employee meetings and individual counseling during key or critical events such as new hire, change in status, retirement, off work leave, death, RIFs, etc. Provides trend information, interpretations, alternatives and analytical support to the Service Area, Legal, the HR Service Center and other HR staff. Provides sound
interpretation and application of HR policies, collective bargaining agreements and law when answering employee questions. Collaborates and coordinates with external departments/other areas to ensure proper execution of benefits plans/programs and related policies.
• Provides guidance, interpretations, training and counseling to employees, managers and other HR staff on benefits programs and related HR policies and procedures in the Service Area.
• Supports Legal and Labor in grievance and the claims settlement/implementation processes as needed.
• Participates in the development of benefit training modules and delivery systems to provide the local service area with procedural guidance and administrative tools.
• Coordinates and conducts training focused on managers and HR staff in the Service Area.
• Assesses and validates employee educational and informational needs. Complies with legislated ""right-to-know"" provisions.
• May recommend, design, develop, coordinate and deliver benefit information and preretirement programs to the employees.
• Assists in monitoring benefits administration to maintain consistency in application, minimize potential liability, and ensure compliance with federal and state legislation.
• Coordinates with the HR Service Center, regional Benefits Office and local HR office to deliver integrated services to employee population.
• Assists in delivering communication strategies and campaigns which support the objectives of HR and the strategic direction of the organization.
• Ensures communications and materials to employees, managers and other HR staff are appropriate and current.
• Uses considerable judgment and initiative to resolve issues, interpret policy, and identify and carry out job related responsibilities.
• Maintains up to date benefit policy and procedure documentation for use by local Service Area.
• Communicates with others in the broader organization to resolve issues and coordinate responses as needed.
• May be called upon to assist with HR special projects.