Bridge Design Engineer
Our 100% employee owned client is actively hiring Bridge Engineers to work remotely from home until the pandemic is cleared. Our team is mentored by some of the best technical professionals in the State on projects that will positively impact local communities. Our client is a leader in multiple Engineering disciplines and this position will provide the ideal candidate an opportunity to work on exciting projects and grow into a project manager role and lead a team if desired.
We offer competitive pay, medical, dental, and vision insurance, reimbursement for tuition, continuing education, and professional/personal development, vacation and sick time, volunteer PTO, parental leave, and paid holidays with 401(k), profit sharing, and stock options
- Work with experienced professional engineers on assignments related to bridge design, analysis, calculations, and plan preparation.
- Design engineer on bridge or retaining wall related projects, bridge scoping and inspections, load ratings, and other transportation services.
- Assist in developing budgets, proposals, schedules, and reports.
- Demonstrate theoretical/practical civil engineering and specialized software knowledge.
- Work closely with other technical staff from various disciplines to provide bridge design and other consulting engineering services, mainly for ODOT and local municipalities.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Successfully passed EIT and on track (or obtained) PE license
- 2-6+ years of professional work experience
- Bridge design experience with working knowledge of AASHTO LRFD and LFD Bridge Design Specifications is a plus
- Preferred knowledge of ODOT bridge standards and guidelines.
- Knowledge of MicroStation and bridge design software (MDX, Leap Bridge, AASHTO BrR).
- Experience with bridge inspection and load ratings is a plus.
- Hydraulic knowledge and the use of HEC-RAS software are a plus.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil 3D software is a plus.
- Excellent computer and verbal communication skills is a must.
For over 30 years, gpac has placed high caliber Engineering talent with new opportunities local to their area. To confidentially discuss this position, please email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call me at (605) 679-9419.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.