Life moves fast, don’t get left behind. Training classes start soon; apply now before it’s too late!
If helping others is second nature to you, bring your passion for providing exceptional service to UnitedHealth Group. This position is a great first step for transitioning into a sales career and watching your contributions help our business to grow. At UnitedHealth Group, you’ll have a portfolio of products available that are greatly improving the life of others. Performance leads to success and your life’s best work. SM
As a Broker Services Advocate, you will be responsible for providing sales and technical support to our insurance brokers while also delivering service on new and existing policies.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday -Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8.5 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am-6:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 7440 Woodland Dr., Indianapolis, IN.
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success.
Some of our offerings includes:
- 18 days of Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement - up to $5,250 per calendar year for job-related coursework
- Assistance Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
This position is full-time (40 hours / week) Monday- Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8am - 6pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 7440 Woodland Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46278.
- Respond via telephone or email to questions from Insurance Brokers regarding licensing, commissions, UnitedHealth One website logins, navigating the website, and/or questions about client groups
- Complete necessary research on broker questions and issues using multiple systems and resources and prepares appropriate responses
- Conduct outgoing calls to provide answers and additional information to sales representatives and brokers related to their previous inquiries. This may include the distribution of appropriate paperwork such as quote requests
- Records all required supporting documentation for phone calls and written correspondence to provide for tracking and to ensure compliance
- Participate in training opportunities to develop advanced product knowledge in order to share current information while generating and delivering products quotes to insurance brokers and sales representatives
- Build positive business relationships with insurance brokers to ensure continued interest in UnitedHealth Group’s products and service
- Successful completion of the training program including demonstrated proficiency of the material
- Continuously achieve monthly performance goals and objectives as outlined by leadership
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Skilled in problem solving to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations
- 1+ year of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Prior health care experience
Helping create positive customer experiences for providers and our members can drive your sense of impact and purpose. Join us as we improve the lives of millions. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.SM
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key words: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, healthcare, office, phone support, training class, advocate