ECS is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst-COGNOS Dev to work in our Indianapolis, IN office.
This role is part of a high-performing team dedicated to excellence in support of our customer in providing software development, systems engineering, and O&M services for a myriad of highly complex, Government-designed and Government-owned enterprise business-critical systems relating to Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Integrated Pay and Personnel Management for the USMC, Navy, and across the DoD.
Candidates should be able to:
- Review and validate customer data as it’s collected
- Oversee the deployment of data to the data warehouse
- Develop policies and procedures for the collection and analysis of data
- Create or discover new data procurement and processing programs
- Cooperate with IT department to deploy software and hardware upgrades that make it possible to leverage big data use cases
- Monitor analytics and metrics results
- Implement new data analysis methodologies
- Review customer files to ensure integrity of data collection and utilization
- Perform data profiling to identify and understand anomalies
As a Business Intelligence Analyst on the team, you will need a mix of technical, soft and analytical skills. The job requires you to mine data using complex tools and software and then analyze that data to find trends. Once you spot data trends, you’ll need to effectively communicate your findings to others in the organization. You’ll also be responsible for suggesting possible solutions to fix issues that you find — especially if they’re tied to revenue loss.
Desired skill and experience as a COGNOS Developer will set a candidate ahead of peers.
- U.S. Citizen
- Eligibility to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Cognos Developer
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.