Business Systems Analyst
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) articulates business ideas, suggestions, and problems while working with business and technology areas to gather requirements for development and management. The BSA then analyzes, validates, and documents requirements and requests of the business, operations, and other users of IT services. This role is technical in nature, driving the translation of functional requirements into design specifications and ensuring all requirements are met.
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Supports the development of business cases and supports the prioritization process by developing the project rationale.
- Identify, verify and document comprehensive requirements.
- Identify requirement interdependencies and highlight gaps in existing functionality, framing problems in functional terms.
- Analyze and research new and existing products, procedures, and/or workflow needs associated with business systems.
- Analyze, design, and document business processes. Implement new business processes or modify existing processes.
- Conduct requirement walkthroughs to ensure stakeholder accountabilities. Work with all stakeholders to review and ensure that requirements and processes meet established quality standards and that delivered solutions that meet functional expectations.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key customers.
- Translate business requirements into design specifications and ensure that requirements are met, tested and implemented.
- Define and draft systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding, combined with an understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
- Transition the requirements and use cases to the designers. Ensure designers have a clear and complete understanding of the requirements
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of leadership within an IT organization
- Business Analysis experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178