Call Center Manager - Dispatching and Scheduling Experience Required
NOTE: The following position is for proposed new business within First Transit. Only candidates meeting the work experience requirements will be considered.
Join the First Transit team as a Customer Service Manager to oversee a call center for paratransit transportation including dispatch, scheduling and reservations in the Indianapolis, IN. The Customer Service Manager will initiate, develop, and maintain a successful contract relationship. First Transit Customer Service Managers are committed to safety, customer service and have hands experience in all areas of the transportation business.
At First Transit, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.
Our Call Center Managers are responsible for:
- Assists General Manager in meeting all contractual performance measures and acts as General Manager during their absence
- Manage personnel who are responsible for taking customer calls and making paratransit service
- Manage personnel who are responsible for scheduling efficient and effective paratransit passenger trips, have been formally training in all tools needed for their job functions and have all received ADA sensitivity
- Manage personnel who are responsible for paratransit dispatch, scheduling and customer
- Oversee call center performance and take action to resolve performance issues when
- Oversees the eligibility department to ensure full compliance with FTA regulations, regularly audits internal eligibility practices and manages the appeal, denial and in-person functional assessment
- Creates and maintains a documented formal process by which passengers are trained to serve on appeal panels for service eligibility denials and proposed suspensions of
- Creates a process by which other City agencies are certified and trained to assist passengers fill out the eligibility
To be a Call Center Manager, you'll need:
- Equivalent to a combination of a Bachelor's degree in business or public administration, planning or a related field and a minimum of five (5) years of professional transit operations experience; including three (3) years of management or supervisory.
- Three (3) - five (5) years of experience as supervising a complementary ADA paratransit call center and support personnel.
- Application of good knowledge of operational strategies employed in paratransit for reservations, scheduling and dispatch (call center functions).
- Application of considerable knowledge of customer service techniques. Responsible for customer satisfaction with call center
- Extensive knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and ADA regulations, including ADA sensitivity
- Ability to effectively communicate in English and Spanish is preferred.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.