The Fresh Market & You:
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment and a \u201ccan-do\u201d attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
About the Position:
The Center Store Manager is responsible for managing product inventory, pricing integrity, and merchandising standards throughout the store in areas such as dry shelf, beer/wine, coffee, candy, bulk, frozen food, and cooler sections. This role delivers a first-class guest experience by maintaining a high level of guest engagement/satisfaction at all times by answering guest questions relating to services and products offered. This area is fast paced and requires a passion for excellence as you will be working with Team Members, guests, and product continuously throughout the day.
What You'll Do:
- Direct, manage and assist all functions of the Center Store departments and demonstrate excellence for your team and guests, including:
- Ensuring all guests are greeted and proactively assisted in an engaging manner with accurate and timely information
- Having the knowledge to make product/service recommendations to guests and accommodating their special requests
- Managing order guides/ordering deadlines
- Properly receiving/stocking of goods that follow rotation standards when replenishing product levels
- Manage product to reducing shrink/damage
- Prioritize department activities and manage interruptions to complete tasks by specific deadlines
- Oversee a variety of The Fresh Market’s grocery items such as dry shelf, frozen, dairy, beer/wine, specialty drinks, coffee, candy, and bulk; ensure team members are answering specific guest requests while maintaining high quality product levels to deliver a first-class guest experience
- Train, coach and engage team members:
- Engage, motivate, and train team members \u201con-the-job\u201d as well as through The Fresh Market Academy to provide excellent guest service in a safe and secure manner
- Provide coaching for all team members to optimize operations, further team development, and increase retention
- Partnering with the Guest Service Manager, facilitate team member engagement activities
- Create and manage team schedules, aligning with guest shopping hours to ensure guests experience first rate hospitality
- Ensure that your team members are adhering to The Fresh market standards and policies
- Ensure department adherence to all safety requirements and protocols, including food safety, per TFM policies, and per law
To meet the needs of our stores, guests and teams, this position requires the willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, days, evenings and occasional overnight and holiday work.
At a minimum, you will need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of management experience in either the retail, restaurant, or hospitality field or 5 years of related management experience
- Ability to read, understand and follow planograms, layouts, and schematics of the department for merchandising
- Experience providing direction and supervision to teams (with direct report responsibility).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Specialty, Gourmet and/or Grocery experience
- Production Planning Software experience
Physical and Work Conditions:
- Repetitive hand/arm movements, grasping, bending, reaching, ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds by oneself, exposure to extreme temperatures
- Ability to use tools equipment: knives, ladders, stepstools, box cutters, pallet jacks, and other equipment (unless under the age of 18)
- Required to spend long periods of time on feet and stand or walk without a break (for up to 4 hours or as required by law)
- Required to wear approved hat, hair net, and/or beard guard, and personal protective equipment
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.