Essex Nursing and Rehabilitation, a skilled nursing facility located in Lebanon, IN is seeking a Certified Dietary Manager that has a passion for providing the highest quality of care with compassion and integrity!
The Certified Dietary Manager is responsible for staffing, weekly food orders, food preparation & clean up, and food delivery in accordance with state regulations, physician orders, care plans and facility policy.
Essentials Duties the Certified Dietary Manager include but are not limited to:
- Plans or participates in planning menus, preparing and apportioning foods, and utilizing food surpluses and leftovers.
- Specifies number of servings to be made from any vegetable, meat, beverage, and dessert to control portion costs.
- Supervises all department personnel to ensure cleanliness of kitchen and equipment and that all sanitation procedures are followed.
- Supervises Cook and tastes, smells, and observes food to ensure conformance with recipes and appearance standards.
- Supervises workers engaged in inventory, storage, and distribution of food and supplies.
- Purchases food, kitchen supplies, and equipment, or places requisitions for them through the Administrator and/or BOM, while ensuring to manage dietary budget closely.
- Meets to plan menus for special occasions.
- Assists dietitian to ensure needs of each Resident are being met.
- Completes required MDS and care planning for each resident to ensure individualized care while playing a supportive role within the interdisciplinary team.