Provides supportive and personal care services for patients that are ordered by the MD in the plan of care and permitted under state law with consideration of dignity and privacy
· Graduate of an accredited High School or equivalent preferred.
· Must provide evidence of formal training and/or certification as a Home Health Aide as required by law.
· Certified Nursing Assistants must provide an original current, valid State certification/license.
Or Certified Nursing Assistants must provide appropriate documentation as required by the state in which they are practicing and at minimum must meet the qualifications below.
· Must provide evidence of competency training and evaluation as well as evidence of attendance at the required number (12 hours) of in-service education programs.
· Minimum of one (1) year full-time experience in direct patient care in an institutional setting (hospital or nursing facility), or one (1) year full-time experience within the last five (5) years in direct patient care in an agency setting. Home health experience preferred.
· Listed on the Nurse Aide Registry with no findings against the Aide relating to patient abuse or neglect, or misappropriation of patient property.
· Able to follow written and verbal instructions.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Emotional and mental maturity.
· Current health certificate/physical examination, TB results and current CPR.