The luxurious Conrad Indianapolis is looking for a Chef de Partie to join the culinary team!
As the city's first true luxury hotel, this 23-story tower has 247 rooms, 15,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space and 3 food and beverage outlets. This includes The Capital Grille, Tastings Wine Bar & Bistro, and In-Room Dining. Please note, The Capital Grille and Tastings are operated and managed by a 3rd party.
In this role, you will oversee the banquet operation managing a team of 6 culinarians. You will report directly to the Executive Chef and work a rotating schedule to include weekends and holidays - 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. or 12:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on and innovative leader who fosters a positive culture with strong organization skills and a talent for developing others. At least 2-5 years of professional cooking experience required, with a background in banquets and fine dining preferred.
This is an amazing opportunity to grow your career within Fortune Magazine's #1 Best Company To Work For in the US! Full-time position with excellent benefits - Medical / Dental / Vision, matching 401K, paid time off (PTO), and Travel Benefits.
For more information on the property, please visit:
What will I be doing?
As Chef de Partie, you would be responsible for preparing, seasoning, cooking and testing food items in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare, season, cook and test food items for consumption in food and beverage outlets
- Perform supervisory duties to include, but not limited to, supervision of line cooks and acting in absence of lead chef
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation standards
- Train, schedule and assign work and assist with evaluations of team members
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!