MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
This Civil Design Manager role will assist the design managers throughout all phases of the design/bid/contract process. They will oversee the site design of all projects including civil, landscape architecture and retaining wall design. As the Civil Design Manager, you will take direction from the Design Managers and the Director of Preconstruction and will assist in all necessary activities to achieve successful projects.
Our client is a fast-growing commercial construction company looking for an individual who works well as a team player. Based in Indianapolis, they are a successful company that focuses on providing excellent service and achieving results. Due to growth, they are currently seeking to appoint this design manager with project experience in the Civil industry.
The Civil Design Manager will:
- Review construction documents for completeness, constructability, aesthetics and consistency with Watermark Design Standards
- Assist in plan review to ensure coordination between disciplines; including civil, structural, architectural, MEP, pool, retaining wall and landscape architecture
- Check for uniformity and compliance within the plans, including but not limited to: standard dimensions, detailing, building service leads, utility design and scope, grading and accessibility
- Assist Design Manager with coordination of dry utilities
- Review and understand Geotechnical Reports and assist in analyzing cut/fill documentation for site grading efficiency
- Help maintain Watermark Design Guidelines Manual
- Assist in maintaining project Plan Review Checklist
- Filing and distribution of the construction documents
- Initiate and track plan revisions on current projects as well as projects in design
- Assist Design Managers in RFP creation and review of proposals and bids
- Track and understand project costs with the goal of minimizing project budget
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Acrobat Professional (AutoCAD preferred).
- Bachelor's Degree in Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, or Related Field preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a design firm is preferred.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and assemblies.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in fast paced environment.
- Flexible to travel on several overnight trips.
- Very competitive base salary ($80k - $110k+)
- Profit sharing program
- Great company culture with good work/life balance
- Notable project backlog and pipeline
- Annual structured reviews
- 401k match 6%
- Great PTO plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage