Marion County Public Health Department is an organization that celebrates diversity, and seeks to employ a diverse workforce. We actively encourage all individuals to apply for employment and to seek advancement opportunities. Marion County Public Health Department also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as required by law. For additional questions please contact us at: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Job Role Summary
Performs nursing services as a health team member in Pediatric, Adolescent, OB/GYN, Family Planning, and or School-Based Clinics. Provides Health Education and patient counseling to control and prevent disease, and promote optimum health and well-being of clients, to include adhering to all laws, regulations, and policies and procedures.
Education/Licensure/Certifications/Experience:Completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Graduation from a NLN approved program for registered nurses Current unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse Previous clinical experience as a professional registered nurse is preferred Valid Indiana Driver's License
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge base of: disease processes and their treatment/prevention; basic sciences; current clinical protocol/nursing techniques, medication/drugs and their use/side effects; community resources/referrals; cultural attitudes/customs; and, appropriate departmental procedures and Local/State/Federal laws/regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, school administrators and the general public
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Display empathy/sensitivity/appropriate response to cultural patterns and differences
- Able to follow written and oral instructions
- Able to teach and motivate
- Flexibility to respond to changing situations/priorities
- Effective response to stressful situations, pressures of deadlines, and patient volume
- Judgment required in choosing and adapting treatment processes for patients
- Apply problem solving methodologies
- Bilingual skills helpful
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.