Facility: OrthoIndy South Clinic, Greenwood, IN
Department: Clinic Services
Shift Details: Full-time exempt
At OrthoIndy everything we do is about creating a caring, connected and committed workforce that directly improves the quality of life for our employees and customers.
Be a part of something great!
General Statement of Duties
The Clinic Services Manager manages the operations and activities of the OrthoIndy Clinics as assigned, including supervising staff, assisting providers, and promoting a culture of excellence. The Manager creates, maintains, and oversees schedules, workflows, policies, and procedures which improve efficiency, quality of care, safety, and overall patient experience. The Manager coordinates process improvement projects, maintains budgets, provides education, and ensures engagement among the clinic services team members across all clinic locations.
- Trains, develops, and evaluates staff, identifies and implements educational programs designed to improve skill, knowledge, and quality of care. Participates in interviewing, hiring, and supervising staff. Develops staff performance goals and objectives, provides timely and consistent feedback and opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Serves as a liaison between Physicians, physician staff and Clinic Services to promote optimal
operation, flow, and employee satisfaction. Assists in conflict resolution and coaching to maintain a positive work environment.
- Monitors appointment volume, meets staffing benchmarks, develops quality metrics, and optimizes patient flow within clinic. Reviews patient survey data to identify areas for improvement, collaborates with department directors to perform plan-do-check-act and strength-weakness-opportunity-threat analyses and implements changes accordingly.
- Oversees patient experience and continuum of care from check-in to check-out, including
appointment scheduling, registration and demographics collection, insurance management, test
scheduling, task messaging, and coordination with various other departments and outside facilities. Resolves patient concerns, performs service recovery, and follows up with staff and providers regarding patient complaints. Assumes assigned on-call duties for Urgent Care Clinic after-hours concerns.
- Reviews staff timecards, paid time off requests, and overtime reports. Applies differentials and
makes necessary adjustments and approvals or denials. Collects and analyzes data to support new position or status change requests.
- Researches and provides data for financial and statistical purposes including budgeting, reviewing invoices, seeking out cost savings opportunities, and understanding statements. Tracks and explains monthly budget variances and adheres to corporate spending policies.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and OrthoIndy regulatory measures and laws including
OSHA, HIPAA and Stark. Utilizes incident report system to track patient safety concerns and
professional conduct issues. Collaborates with Quality and Risk Department to perform monthly quality and safety rounds and complete checklists.
- Communicates policy and procedure changes and initiatives through monthly staff meetings, team huddles, and appropriate written and verbal communication. Maintains Teams channels, archives meeting minutes for reference, and directs staff to review and understand evolution of process improvement with supporting documents and resources.
- Reviews job candidates, performs interviews, and hires staff. Ensures job description, standards of conduct, employee handbook, required competencies, and check-offs are reviewed and completed.
- Organizes clinic equipment. Orders office supplies, software, hardware, marketing collateral,
educational material, periodicals, and clinic materials.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- 2-4 years of related experience required; 4-6 years of experience preferred
- Medical Office Manager, Practice Manager OR other applicable certification preferred
- Previous work experience and/or credentials or licensure in the clinical setting, such as Physical Therapy, Advanced Practice Provider, Registered Nurse, etc. strongly preferred.
OrthoIndy is an Equal Opportunity Employer