Facility: OrthoIndy Northwest, Indianapolis, IN
Department: Quality Assurance
Shift Details: Full Time, Exempt
At OrthoIndy everything we do is about creating a caring, connected and committed workforce that directly improves the quality of life for our employees and customers.
Be a part of something great!
General Statement of Duties:
The Clinical Educator implements and plans educational training and programs for OrthoIndy Hospital. The positions assists in delivering various types of educational programs, including, but not limited to; hospital orientation, in-services, CPR classes, ACLS prep classes, ACLS classes, code blue training, and web-based education. The Educator will need to collaborate with other leaders to ensure that educational needs are identified and plans are developed to address the educational need. This position also assists with policy development, ongoing management of policies, and regulatory compliance. This role also serves as a liaison to nursing schools regarding student clinical experiences.
- Plans and implements education programs for OrthoIndy Hospital, including but not limited to: orientation, compliance education, annual education programs, education related to new technology. Develops education programs for staff based on identified learning needs, regulatory requirements, and organizational needs.
- Assists in establishing and revising procedures, policies, standards, techniques, and clinical competency based on findings related to evidence based practices, performance improvement initiatives, and trends identified through incident reporting. Provides education, as necessary, to communicate changes to these policies, standards, and etc.
- Conducts an annual, and as needed, assessment on personnel competencies. Revises and collaborates with leaders to ensure that competencies are current and evidence based. Ensures that we are applying evidence based practices and following the standards of care.
- Works with the department leadership to develop short and long term educational goals for the program.
- Serves as a liaison to staff to assist with improving staff's skill and overall competency in the execution of clinical duties. Observes and assists staff with skill competency in the staff member's work environment.
- Oversees regulatory requirements that pertain to education, training, and the respiratory standards. Collaborates with leaders to ensure our regulatory requirements are met. Collaborates with our respiratory vendor to ensure our nursing policies pertaining to respiratory care are current with evidence-based practices.
- Oversees the code blue and rapid response team program. Ensures policies and processes related to code blue and rapid response are up to date and reflect current evidence based practice guidelines where applicable. Ensures that code blue teams have the support they need related to policy and process to responding to the event. Coordinates education and training for departments as well as response teams to ensure that we have a well-known process for response.
- Serves as a liaison from OrthoIndy as we partner with various organizations for student clinical experiences, including but not limited to, affiliation agreement development, point person for students and instructors, and serves as a resource to the school for questions related to clinical experiences at OrthoIndy.
- Participates with assigned committees. Supports other duties as assigned.
- Maintains current information on OrthoNet for staff to know what educational offerings are available as well as resources for education. Maintains current education resources for leaders on the Education Teams page.
- Master's Degree in related field required
- 4-6 years of related experience required
- 5 years of nursing experience required; prefer some experience related to developing and providing education to clinical roles
- Currently Registered as a Nurse in the State of Indiana required
- BLS & ACLS certification required
- BLS & ACLS instructor certification preferred
OrthoIndy is an Equal Opportunity Employer