Cloud Enterprise Architect
Direct Hire: $160-175k plus Bonus, 401k, Pension, Industry Leading Benefits
NO sponsorship or C2C is offered for this position
The Cloud Enterprise Architect Lead will be responsible for driving the migration from a traditional infrastructure environment to a cloud first infrastructure. The leader will lead development of the foundational elements needed to successfully deploy and manage cloud-based infrastructure and services. The leader will drive the definition and delivery of the future state direction for usage of cloud capabilities. The Cloud Enterprise Architect Lead stays abreast of the fast-moving cloud space and uses that knowledge to define and drive new cloud solutions enabling developers to utilize cloud technologies and capabilities to deliver value for our business.
- Lead the planning and execution of the infrastructure migration to the cloud
- Lead the strategic direction for the company's future direction for the usage of cloud services
- Lead the definition of Standards, Policies and Procedures and best practices for the usage of cloud-based services and infrastructure
- Identify solutions that represent opportunities to leverage cloud services and architectures by evaluating quality attributes, technology risk, capacity variability, and other factors where a cloud native architecture solution can add benefit to the overall solution.
- Identifying the best technical solutions that can be rolled out efficiently and, in a cost-effective manner
- Lead and advise teams building solutions on cloud platforms including design, planning, management, maintenance and assessing systems for potential weaknesses or issues.
- Collaborate across organizational functions to identify communications, change management and training needs driven by the adoption of cloud technologies
- Facilitate technical and design discussions with IT executives to help the enterprise improve outcomes thru new cloud technologies and practices
- Lead the evaluation of technology choices (network, compute, storage, and other service enabled capabilities) through the larger cloud team and collaboration with other part of the enterprise.
- Ensures appropriate operational procedures, processes and tools are in place and appropriately managed.
- Understand the financial impacts of cloud based architectural decisions and lead cloud cost management solutions, forecasting and proactive cloud management practices.
- Effectively communicates across the enterprise cloud expenses and opportunities to manage cost
- 10+ years' experience with IT Infrastructure, Operations, or Applications support
- 10+ years' experience in designing and implementation of complex IT systems or consulting experience with distributed applications or systems architecture
- 5+ years of experience in Enterprise architecture
- 3-5 years' experience in a Cloud Architecture or Solution Architecture role
- Experience in implementing SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS Architectures
- 3-5 years of practical Architecture experience with Azure Web Services
- 3-5 years of cloud experience, focusing on networking, infrastructure management concepts and tools
- Experience developing software using API calls, microservices, serverless compute
- Experience using DevOps tools and processes; creation of CI/CD pipelines
- Demonstrated Cloud development experience, deployment models and related experience (Private/Public/Hybrid cloud).
- Possesses expert level understanding of cloud based computing
- Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- An expert communicator up, down, and across reporting lines
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment
- Ability to coordinate between cross-functional teams
- Well organized and possess outstanding follow-through and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication and diplomacy skills, as well as a passion for leading
- Professional Cloud Certifications such as AWS, and/or Azure.
- Or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or a related business discipline or equivalent work experience in