Code Migration Techs
BCforward is seeking a Code Migration Tech for contract to hire role in Indianapolis
- BCforward is hiring a software deployment engineer for a research organization. The software deployment group is responsible for deployment of critical applications in use for research and drug development services. As a result, the candidate must be comfortable in being assertive as this team is responsible for policing the process and assuring processes are followed completely.
- Candidates with experience in a highly regulated environment will be given priority consideration. Individuals with knowledge and understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) or experience working in the Agile framework will be more successful in adapting to the processes.
- A typical work week includes an on-call rotation as well as maintenance window deployments taking place early Sunday mornings. These functions are on a rotation schedule and shared with the entire team. Individuals with experience supporting or proficient in navigating Microsoft Windows and that are open to receiving the training and following protocol will be considered. Excellent documentation and communication skills are required and are critical for success as well as the ability to work together with the deployment team as a unit.
Deployment Team Lead
- This individual will insure the team completes software deployments properly and does not stray from protocol. The team will support the deployment process for applications across the global enterprise. On-call rotations are considered normal for the entire team as well as early Sunday morning deployments. It will be expected that these duties are shared across the team to provide team members with work-life balance.
- A candidate with experience in a highly regulated environment as well as someone that can be assertive in the assurance that every step of the process is executed, and no shortcuts are taken, will be given the priority in this opportunity. Understanding of the software development life-cycle or experience in an Agile development framework will provide a quality foundation for the successful execution of this team.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills are required and are critical for success as well as leadership for the team. Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and some software development experience is preferred.
These personnel would need to following skills:
- Understanding of working in an FDA regulated environment
- Basic technical skills, with familiarity in the windows environment
- Basic task management and problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Experience in TFS, Deltanji, and Urban Code Deploy
We need a team lead and 4 support personnel. They will work on a typical M-F but there will be occasional late-night work and Sunday morning work. They will never work over 40 hours a week, so if they must work late or on a Sunday morning, they will work less hours elsewhere. Why a Sunday morning? Covance has 4 main labs: Indy, Shanghai, Singapore and Geneva. Sunday morning is about the only time they can release new code without having adverse effects on the lab operations.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 75682 when responding to this ad.