Facility: OrthoIndy Hospital Main, Indianapolis, IN
Department: OIH Admissions
Shift Details: Days, M - F 10:30am - 7:00pm
At OrthoIndy everything we do is about creating a caring, connected and committed workforce that directly improves the quality of life for our employees and customers.
Be a part of something great!
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The concierge position receives guests, answers the telephone, communicates information and performs a variety of clerical duties and knows the whereabouts and concerns of families. The position serves as the primary information source for hospital staff regarding the waiting rooms and main lobbies.
- Maintains patient flow between the areas of Pre-OP, Consultation, and Post-OP.
- Handles distribution, tracking, and retrieval of hospital pagers to and from family members.
- Prepares and creates patient charts and ensure they are fully ready with necessary paperwork and forms before surgery.
- Escorts patients to other areas of the hospital such as MRI/CT, PT, and educational classes.
- Assists and uses resources to help resolve scheduling conflicts and confirm patients are at the correct location, as well as, direct patients to appropriate area/location.
- Assists patient families with hotel reservations, directions, meal or phone services, and other amenities as needed.
- Differentiates and collects patient payments for hospital services only such as surgery, therapy, imaging, and labs.
- Provides backup to other OrthoIndy Hospital Registration areas as needed.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years of previous medical office experience preferred
OrthoIndy is an Equal Opportunity Employer