MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
This Retail Construction Manager position involves management of all aspects of retail construction projects from design and budgeting to turn over. The ideal candidate will manage various unique and rewarding retail projects throughout the country ranging anywhere from $5M - $15M.
Our client is a General Contractor in the Indianapolis area with a presence across the Midwest. They have an extensive backlog of exciting Commercial, Retail and Multifamily projects. They are a group of leaders who serve one-another, as well as, the communities they work with. Our client takes on a proactive approach to every aspect of their business activities.
The Construction Manager will:
- Civil and Architectural Design Review
- Preliminary Construction Schedule
- Hard cost budgets
- Owner's representative for Construction
- Assist Project Bidding/Award
- Contract Review
- Construction Administration
- Hand-off to Property Management
- Tenant Coordination
- Project Reports
- Organize/Maintain Project Files
- Other Duties as Assigned
The ideal Construction Manager will have:
- Bachelor's Degree required in the area of Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a Real Estate / retail construction management position.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to relate well across the organization and with clients.
- Knowledge of Real Estate Transactions, Construction and Tenant Coordination
- Computer literate with experience in MS Word, Excel, ProCore, MS Project
- Detail oriented, purpose driven, accountable, sense of urgency and ownership
- Able to set and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
The Construction Manager will be offered:
- Work for a GC with a steady backlog of projects
- Competitive base salary ranging from $80,000 - $100,000
- Performance bonus
- Direct development and mentorship from the Sr. VP
- Opportunities for career mobility
- Excellent team member engagement
- High employee satisfaction
- Health benefits for individual and dependents
- 401K and company match