Come be a part of endless possibilities for growth and professional expertise!
At CohnReznick, we are seeking innovative, driven, enthusiastic individuals looking to become part of a team of best in class advisors. Recognized as a top public advisory and accounting firm, CohnReznick has the necessary tools and entrepreneurial spirit to take your career to the next level. Our firm offers a unique culture within a collaborative atmosphere. We commit to team building and knowledge transfer, empowering our employees with the tools and resources to think differently and thought lead. As a member of our team, your success is our success.
We have an immediate need for a Consulting Associate within our Renewable Energy Advisory Practice. This position is remote!!. This role serves financial sponsors, project developers, institutional and corporate investors and lenders in the renewable energy industry by offering a continuum of advisory services. A substantial amount of the Consulting Associate’s work will relate to the financial and economic modeling, accounting, and tax structuring for complex investment transactions in renewable energy projects, including the nuances of various federal and state tax incentives.
Finally, the Consultant is expected to pursue personal and professional development as well as become involved in business development. For personal and professional development, the Consultant will participate in internal training sessions to develop knowledge and expertise in the relevant tax incentives and tax law. For business development, the Consultant, at the direction of management, will take an active role in drafting engagement agreements and responding to requests for proposals. The Consultant is also expected to develop an understanding of all tax, audit and consulting services provided by the firm and apply this knowledge to identify potential new opportunities with existing clients.
General job functions include:
- Tax, Financial, and economic modeling of renewable energy transactions
- Analysis of partnership contractual agreements
- Analysis of partnership tax constructs
- Technical tax and financial accounting advisory services
- Due diligence on solar and wind project investments
- Incubate and present new ideas for modeling techniques, products and services
- Communication and presentation of results to executive-level management
Essential Experience (special skills and experience, licenses, certifications, and education)
- BS/BA degree in accounting, finance or economics
- 0-3 years of consulting experience preferably within either the finance and/or accounting industries
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel a must
- Experience with partnership tax concepts a plus, but not necessary
- Demonstrated analytical skills with a strong preference for providing financial analysis support in a consulting environment
- Understanding of basic finance concepts, including concepts related to time value of money
- Strong communication skills, with the proven ability to coherently express complex concepts, both orally and in writing
- Deadline driven, high degree of energy and enthusiasm
- Willingness to make the effort to learn concepts
- Some travel may be required
** CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
** CohnReznick does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are currently engaged by CohnReznick Talent Acquisition Team by way of a written agreement to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that CohnReznick will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.