A Corporate Administrative Specialist is an employee who delivers the successful administration of our financial services to customers (branches, auctions, and dealer groups) in an accurate and timely manner. Through frequent contact via multiple contact channels, i.e. electronic, telephone and in person, complete a variety of administrative and customer service tasks aimed at providing a high level of quality assurance. A Corporate Administrative Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of established accounts and to ensure accurate and responsive financial services to internal and external customers.
What we do
We fuel the entrepreneurial dream in our community through our people, products, and our four values that drive every business decision and customer interaction:
Elevating relationships | Vision-driven | Powered by passion | Dedicated to you
For more than 30 years, we’ve been committed to making dreams come true for independent dealers. AFC’s finance solutions provide liquidity to more than 12,000 independent dealers across North America freeing up cash flow to give them more time to focus on building their business. Our solutions amplify dealers purchasing power so they can stock their lot with the vehicles their customers demand.
Who we are
With our people-first culture, AFC believes in creating an environment where employees look forward to work each day. Plus, AFC’s committed to helping each employee develop their own career dream. With cross-team and cross-KAR company development opportunities, employees can pursue any position of interest.
A Day in the Life
- Develop a thorough understanding of AFC policies, processes and procedures related to customer accounts and loan processing (floorplanning).
- Accurately and efficiently file and maintain electronic and manual customer account files.
- Index faxed or scanned images for routing.
- Convert paper documents to images.
- Route completed documents, as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Data entry and loan processing and funding for multiple customers.
- Process payments and provide customer support for payment and title inquires.
- Provide prompt, accurate and courteous service to both internal and external customers.
- Use spreadsheet and other automated or manual processes to prepare required documentation and reports.
- Utilize all available automated systems and work queue task assignments to maintain a history of the positive dealer/auction/branch relationships that can and will be leveraged to insure quality customer service. These items will take the form of calling and emailing customers to in person meetings.
- Administer customer support of all transaction facilitated through a centralized location.
- Capability to be a self starter, motivator, independent thinker, along with multi-tasking abilities.
- Demonstrates adaptive work ability while demonstrating good initiative and stress tolerance.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications
- Some post high school course work in related field is preferred.
- Prior Collections experienced strongly preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with concepts, procedures and processes typically used in automotive and financial services industries.
- Experience handling vehicles titles preferred.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook along with internet, and internal work queues are major components of the position.
- Must have proficient numeric ability and reasoning, telephone, computer literacy, software competencies.
- Good organizational, clerical, oral, and written language skills.
- Detail oriented; team player; excellent customer service; quick learner; adaptable and open to change; ability to multitask; must be a strong researcher and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of successful customer service principles and practices.
- Motor vehicle operator (required); notary (desired).
Environmental - Atmospheric Conditions
General office environment