Our client is looking for an energetic, well organized, and detail-oriented Cost Accountant. If you have between 3-5 years of cost accounting experience and looking for a hands-on role then this is the opportunity for you. This company has a business casual environment where the sky is the limit for growth opportunities. Are you looking to work for an innovative company that is always improving their environment, products, and service?
· Ensures proper cost accounting in line with corporate and local policies and guidelines for the area of responsibility.
· Supports Site Controller in the proper organization and completion of cooperative planning and medium-term planning as well as budge control for the site
· Supports quote activity by Sales for existing products by maintaining accurate cost models and prepares ad hoc cost calculations for newer products
· Prepares cost standards for inventory on an annual basis or as needed. Evaluates monthly variances to standard (work order variances, purchase price, etc.) and proposes corrective action as needed.
· Organizes local inventory control/auditing procedures and records, conducts orderly stock taking, and supervises the conduct of inventory reviews and valuation procedures.