Description of Role/Responsibilities:
We are seeking a Data Scientist with a background in statistics and machine learning to support and drive the growing data science efforts within R&D. This person will be responsible for providing statistical and machine learning expertise; and collaborate with scientists to improve hypothesis formulation, experimental design, data collection, modeling, process design and interpretation of complex data sets to enable data-driven decisions.
- At least 5 years of experience with statistics and machine learning
- Minimum of 6 years with big data engineering, descriptive statistics, dimensionality reduction, predictive modeling and validation (mixed-models, non-linear regression, principal components, cross-validation techniques, etc.)
- Knowledge of simulation techniques and optimization methods with multiple constraints
- Understanding of high-performance machine learning algorithms (decision tree,s neural networks, SVM, etc.)
- Expertise in scientific programming language (e.g. R, Python) preferably in a HPC or Cloud environment
- Written and verbal communication skills and the ability to successfully collaborate and lead projects with colleagues from diverse technical backgrounds.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience partnering with lead R&D scientists to advance discovery, characterization, development, and manufacture of natural products through data science
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)