**Must sit onsite for the contract**
**Can do C2C**
TEKsystems has an exciting contract opportunity for a Data Scientist located in Indianapolis, Indiana. This person will have the opportunity to join our client's Data Science Group. This is a role for someone with a Statistics and Machine Learning background to support and drive data science efforts within Bioengineering and Bioprocessing R&D. Responsibilities include:
- Promoting the application and adoption of statistical analysis, machine learning modeling and data science capabilities for Bioengineering and Bioprocessing R&D through strong technical and interpersonal abilities
- Partnering with leading R&D scientists to advance discovery, characterization, development, and manufacture of natural products through data science
- Providing statistical and machine learning expertise, and collaborate with scientists to improve hypothesis formulation, experimental design, data collection, modeling, process design and interpretation of complex datasets to enable data-driven decisions
- Developing and deploying end-to-end data engineering and data science pipelines at scale for users with diverse backgrounds in chemical and biological disciplines
- Extensive experience with big data engineering, descriptive statistics, dimensional reduction, predictive modeling and validation (mixed-models, non-linear regression, principal components, cross-validation techniques, etc.)
- Knowledge of simulation techniques and optimization methods with multiple constraints
- Understanding of high-performance machine learning algorithms (decision trees, neural networks, SVM etc.).
- Solid expertise in a scientific programming language (e.g. R, Python) preferably in a HPC or Cloud environment.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.