As a part of our growth LKQ is looking for a dedicated and passionate delivery driver. The delivery driver must have six months of box truck driving experience with an excellent driving record. The delivery driver will be responsible for operating a company vehicle to deliver product to customers. The delivery driver will also be required to verify that all parts are loaded and unloaded, collect payments from customers, obtain signatures from receiving locations confirming accuracy of parts received, and deliver returned items back to the branch. If you like driving, growth, and working with happy, enthusiastic individuals, you'll enjoy a career with us!
Essential Job Duties:
- Drives a Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to constantly lift up to 75lbs
- Physically loads Company truck at the branch and verifies, the manifest and other paperwork associated with the deliveries to be made.
- Drives to the delivery destination, confirms order with customer, unloads and verifies product, obtains confirmation signature and payment from customer.
- Makes proper notations on the manifest and provides receipts on parts being returned from customers to the branch.
- Picks up buy out purchase orders from vendors on vendor "fill in" purchase orders and delivers parts back to the branch or customer.
- Collects accounts receivable, as necessary.
- Works in such a manner as to prevent shortages and damage to products
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- Subject to DOT Procedures - driver logs, unexpired medical card, etc.