DENTISTRY-FACULTY PRACTICE (IA-DSFP-IUINA)
The Dental Faculty Practice is a general dentistry and multispecialty office staffed by licensed dentists who are full-time faculty members at the IU School of Dentistry. We're located in downtown Indianapolis at the school's Fritts Clinical Care Center.
- Provide chair side assistance to dentist by passing instruments, holding devices such as suction tubes, and cleaning patients mouth during and after specialty dental and root canal procedures.
- Assist in administration of local anesthetic agent.
- Take patients' blood pressure and maintain patients' vital statistics.
- Provide preoperative care to patients, prepare patients for surgery by positioning them comfortably and applying topical anesthetics, and provide post-operative care and instructions to patients.
- Instruct graduate students and pre-doctoral dental students on taking digital radiographs, cone beam radiographs and cone beam scans.
- Confirm that instruments are sterilized and working properly and organize them for procedures and/or surgery.
- Ensure that equipment used for dental procedures is sterilized and areas are clean and ready to receive new patients.
- Assist front office in scheduling follow up visits.
High school diploma or GED and one year of experience in dental assisting in an applicable specialty.
High level of accuracy, even under pressure. Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner. Demonstrated customer service skills. Performs work independently with minimal supervision. Possesses strong technical aptitude. Strong communication and listening skills. Articulate and responsive to colleagues. Demonstrates a high commitment to quality. Effective interpersonal skills. Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities. Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty.
Certified Dental Assistant.
Working Conditions / Demands
This role requires sedentary work as well as extended durations of moving about the workplace. It requires the ability to move objects and equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and the ability to discern between various objects and devices and to position patients. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
Career Level: Intermediate
Job Function: Health Services
Job Family: Dentistry
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or by visiting IUPD.