An established manufacturer in Carmel, IN is looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join their team! In this role you will be responsible for the engineering design and development to their components and systems, with a heavy focus on product design. You will complete development projects starting from concept, to design and analysis, all the way through validation testing & final review using lean principles.
Location: Carmel, IN
- Completes development projects from concept, to design and analysis, to validation testing and review.
- Coordinates with cross-functional groups to release and implement design into production while maintaining corporate objectives.
- Conducts design and analysis using quality design tools, robust engineering and LEAN principles.
- Performs and approves design modification and continuous improvements as appropriate
- Directs and conducts necessary research incidental to design
- Investigates manufacturing and service issues utilizing root cause analysis
- Documentation and cross-training of engineering best practice
- Minimum of 8-10 years of related experience
- Four-year degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent
- Experience with Inventor or similar 3-D CAD software and MS Office required
- Experience within Automotive Product Design with a focus on body structures and/or closures.