A national engineering firm is hiring an Entry Level Design Technician for their Indianapolis, IN, office. This candidate will work specifically in the Power and Utility Industry for Power Distribution projects. This is a great opportunity for an entry level candidate to get experience in a booming industry and establish a long-term career path.
- Apply company/client policies and procedures for the development of site designs for overhead and underground electrical distribution facilities including reconductoring, conversions, cable replacement, customer and reliability jobs.
- Complete site visits inclusive of field notes, visual inspection, equipment inventory, measurements and field conditions utilizing electronic tools.
- Prepares site drawings and construction sketches using MicroStation and GNetviewer for various installations of electrical facilities in a cost-effective manner that maximizes safety and service reliability utilizing client standards.
- Prepares project or job packages in Expert Designer and BOUD including material estimates and material requisitions of the materials required for the prepared distribution electrical designs.
- Properly apply company/client standards for each project design ensuring a safe and cost effective design and installation.
- Maintain accurate records and files and update the appropriate company/client GIS systems.
- Develops relationships with internal and external customers, builders, developers, electricians, other utilities, and city officials as needed in the execution of job responsibilities.
- Supports both company and client's business goals and expectation while representing themselves positively and professionally.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Technology (I.E.: Electrical/Civil/Mechanical Engineering or Electrical/Civil/Mechanical Engineering Technology)
- Minimum of 3 Months of relevant work experience (Will accept internships or co-op programs)
- Basic understanding of drafting/design software (AutoCAD)
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Desire to work with the utilities and in engineering design as a career
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.