Position Title: IT Desktop Support
The IT Desktop Support role is a key member of the IT team and will be primarily responsible for supporting the end user technology environment. This is a customer facing role providing the first line of support for the organization and highly visible. Responsibilities include maintenance and management of company desktops, notebooks, mobile devices, printers, network devices and other office equipment and related software. In addition, this individual will participate in the implementation of new hardware and software including the installation and configuration of MS applications on the end user computers. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of and experience working with MS Office Suite, Office 365, OneDrive, SharePoint and other desktop applications. In addition, thorough experience configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting desktop and laptops computers, printers, scanners, and other peripheral devices is necessary. The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective and efficient operations, including maintenance and administration, of Windows-based, and Apple, Android computer systems.
* Respond to level 1 & 2 support requests in a timely and professional manner. Communicate with clients and/or internal staff to report, escalate and resolve system related or network issues
* Track and document work tasks, changes and issues daily in the ticket system.
* Provides IT support team with assistance in utilizing full functionality of desktop management applications, including asset management, remote control (via LAN, WAN and internet).
* Installs, tests, maintains, and upgrades corporate anti-virus application, deploys Windows OS and application security patches, hot fixes and updates.
* Utilize Exchange (Office 365) Admin with an excellent understanding of Active Directory.
* Provides on-site technical support for desktop computers and peripherals in a cross-platform environment.
* Support will include troubleshooting, repair, and installation of hardware, software, and desktop, laptop and tablet systems.
* Provide support for mobile devices, including Android, iPhone and iPad.
* Troubleshoot Windows 7 and 10 operating systems, applications and networking functions.
* Setup and configure workstations to be used in diverse environments, adhering to security requirements.
* Support and troubleshoot wired, wireless, and VPN connectivity for desktops, laptops, and mobile devices.
* Provide assistance to clients for general operation of standard supported COTS software.
* Other duties as assigned
* AA degree preferred or equivalent experience with 3-5 years of experience supporting desktop hardware, software and strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to gather all relevant information, identify problems, and implement solutions quickly
* 1-2 years' experience with Desktop Support and strong focus on the technical elements of desktop support and Microsoft AD.
* Strong skills in general MS Office application troubleshooting
* Experience with Office 365, SharePoint, OneDrive
* Experience in installation, upgrades, and support of Windows desktops
* Experience supporting End User Computing devices/BYOD/Cellular devices
* Experience supporting remote users
* Understanding of core LAN/WAN network technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Routing, switches, wiring) and Firewall fundamentals.
* Healthcare and EMS (Emergency Medical Services) experienced preferred
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk or hear.
* The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; use hands and reach with hands and arms.
* Must have the manual dexterity to skillfully operate a computer keyboard and other standard office equipment, such as facsimile and telephone.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Corrected vision in normal range
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.