Desktop Support Technician #416107
Works across a range of technologies and liaises across multiple areas of the business to support incidents, problems and requests. Responsible for addressing IT requests via phone, email, live chat or instant message and explaining solutions in technical and nontechnical terms. Possesses the skills to resolve technical issues both remote and locally.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Build and install PCs, telephone systems, wireless networks and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards
- Conceives and provides advice and guidance to colleagues regarding incidents
- Maintain installed PCs, networks, telephone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance searches for improvement opportunities
- Identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems
- Seeks and Identifies improvement areas, documents solutions that can be documented
- Seeks and Identifies potential changes and system improvements and present to leadership for consideration and implementation
- Assists with implementations
- Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with department guidelines
- Defines and adds input that will help with the creation, maintenance, and distribution of reports to leadership
- Identify improvements and add to client databases with up to date solutions and clear record of activities
- Identify, explain and document technical issues in a clear way to clients
- Use call logging system to accurately record telephone requests
- Defines, creates and offers suggested updates to Knowledge Management tool
- Regularly communicates with operations leadership, identify solutions to ensure issues are addressed appropriately
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems and desktop software
- Minimum of 3-6 years’ experience as a Desktop Support Engineer
- Advanced analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Advanced verbal, written, communication skills with the ability to communicate technical data to a wide variety of audiences
- Self-starter and possess level of professionalism that meets our internal and client expectations
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced, changing environment with multiple deadline-oriented projects
- Advanced experience using ITSM ticketing tool
- Advanced customer service experience in Face-to-Face, Telephone or Electronic Interaction with clients
- Advanced Language and Communications skills
- Proven elevated Problem-Solving skills
- Advanced customer service orientation
- Advanced Understanding of computer support and troubleshooting
- Leadership ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Leadership ability to seek solutions to problems using one’s own resources
- Advanced experience with supporting environments that include infrastructure elements such as LAN, WAN, WAP, Hosting
- Advanced understanding of ITIL concepts
- Advanced experience working with PC deployments in small to midsize client community and assisting in leading effort
- Advanced experience with deploying and supporting network printers
- Proven ability to provide guidance and assist other Desktop Administrators
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics or related degree
- A combination of education, experience and training may be considered in lieu of a formal degree.
At Fast Switch – Great Lakes (FSGL), Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Isn’t that cool? Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve, and have a little fun along the way.
We at FSGL, have been doing this for 22 years with pride, dedication and plain old-fashioned hard work.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
• Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
• Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
• Long Term Disability (100% paid)
• Life Insurance (100% paid)
• 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
One of our pride points as that in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: clientapps.jobadder.com/45103/fast-switch
Follow us on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/FastSwitchGL
Follow us on Instagram at: www.instagram.com/fastswitchgl/
Find us on LinkedIn at: www.linkedin.com/company/fast-switch-great-lakes
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: https://tinyurl.com/v4p9yy7