Job Title: Development Scientist
Location: Indianapolis IN 46268
Duration: 10 Months
- You will enable our team to meet increased demand by serving as an Application Development Scientist responsible for running an automated liquid handler to optimize the conversion from manual to automated methods.
- Data generated by you will be used for proof of principle and launch of the Demonstrated Applications.
- As an Application Development Scientist within the Automation R&D team you will help support the design and demonstration of applications to be released to scientists running chemistry.
- You will have solid knowledge of laboratory procedures and the aptitude to gain knowledge on the science, technology and sample preparation involved in genomic applications such as nucleic acid extractions, next generation sequencing, PCR techniques, nucleic acid quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- The ideal candidate has exposure to laboratory equipment used for qualitative analysis of nucleic acids and has experience programming and running automated liquid handling instrumentation.
- This combination of skills will be used to aide Applications Scientists from the Automation and Genomics Reagent teams by running defined experiments based on published protocols both manually and utilizing liquid handling robotics.
- The individual will also assist in documenting the experiments for internal and external customer consumption.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities has a good understanding of the scientific methods, preferably with a concentration in molecular or cell biology and follows established research procedures with minimal direct supervision Works collaboratively, with cross-functional team to develop, optimize and deliver data-demonstrated Biomek methods
- Enable accurate interpretation of results and delivery of consistent and robust Biomek solutions by making detailed observations from their executed experiments to plan Conduct experiments to troubleshoot deviations from expected chemistry performance
- MS or BS in Biology fields, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry or related fields and 2+ years of recent laboratory experience
- Hands on experience in genomic applications including techniques and applications such as nucleic acid extractions, qPCR, PCR, and Next Generation Sequencing sample prep Follows all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area (BSL2 Lab)