Automotive company is interested in hiring a Defense Advanced Development Dimensional Management Engineer (Checker) to their team for a 1 year contract with possible extension.
As the Defense Advanced Development Dimensional Management Engineer (Checker), you will have the opportunity to join our LibertyWorks (US defense, aerospace division) product development group. You will work in a high-performance team to deliver next generation product solutions.
We pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
We're the second largest global provider of defence aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
* Overcheck dimensioning, detailing standards, and modeling standards of engineering definitions (2D and 3D definitions)
* Ensure cost, manufacture, inspection, and maintenance concerns are addressed within the dimensions and tolerances of Engineering definitions, primarily through working with design engineers, manufacturing engineers, and suppliers
* Perform stack-up analyses with moderate direction/oversight
* Support Model Based Definition (MBD) Checking, where all part information is contained in the three-dimensional (3D) model
* Ensure accuracy of models and drawings through the correct application of the Engineering Standards, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Operating Procedures (OPs) and Best Practices (BPs), and Product Definition Processes Work Instructions and procedures
* Use various electronic tools to ensure accuracy of drawings and models, including: Unigraphics, Teamcenter, Drawing Request Web Application (DRWA), drawing compare, and drawing mark-up
* High School Graduate
* Excellent command of the English language
* Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years design experience, product definition (modeling and drafting), CAD experience, or ideally a combination of all three.
* 2+ years using NX and Teamcenter software to generate models and drawings
* Minimum of 5 years of experience with the application of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
* A bachelor's degree in engineering, engineering technology, computer science, or equivalent is required
* Certification to ASME Y14.5.2-2000 (Certification of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Professionals) Senior Level
* Familiarity with and application of ASME Y14.41 (Digital Product Definition Data Practices) 5+ years of design experience
* Strong knowledge of drawing and drafting practices and standards, preferably some experience with Rolls-Royce
* A high level of creativity and perception, so CAD models and MBDs are generated that accurately capture engineering design intent
* Strong attention to detail and an ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
* Highest level of professionalism and ethics in all situations
* Strong oral/written communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.