WTHR, the top rated NBC affiliate in Indianapolis, Indiana is looking for a digital content producer to join our digital desk team. The Digital Desk Editor is responsible for discovering, researching, creating, and distributing digital content for all platforms. We need a team-player who knows AP style and copyediting but also has a strong grasp on technical matters like troubleshooting computers and writing basic HTML and CSS. In addition to digital content creation, this position will also be working extensively with social media and will be challenged to write in a social-friendly voice to create engagement with WTHR content. The right candidate will also be trained to listen to police scanners and manage assignment desk operations.
- Responsible for discovering, researching, creating and distributing digital content for all platforms;
- Executes digital and social media strategy under the direction of the Digital Executive Producer;
- Manages news and weather push alerts and social media interaction;
- Creates and publishes video clips to digital and social channels;
- Coordinates newsgathering operations including dispatching crews and incoming content intake/distribution;
- Oversees live shots including IFB / frame syncs coordinate and tune-in;
- Liaison between the station and crews in the field / other news outlets / public officials / closed captioning;
- Contributes to editorial meetings;
- Track competition's newscasts, push alerts and website content; and
- Reports to the Digital Desk Manager
- Applicants must have a bachelors' degree in Journalism or related field
- Applicants must have previous experience writing news content for the web and will be expected to turn in a portfolio of previous digital news writing work upon request.
- Applicants must pass a writing and copyediting test.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.