The Director of Instructional Design is responsible for designing relevant, EdTech-forward, engaging, and high-quality curriculum and content related to the technical and business skill development experience of CompTIA Tech Career Academy students. Working with internal and external clients is necessary to define and develop requirements for training and education programs. The Director will work with the CTCA team to build and oversee platforms, technical specifications and necessary creation of tools and content to deliver both licensed and unlicensed custom training programs. A proactive attitude, attention to detail, with strong technical and business communications skills is a must.
About CompTIA Tech Career Academy
CompTIA Tech Career Academy unlocks people’s potential by helping them launch and grow their careers in information technology. As a non-profit, we train and prepare adults (with a focus on the at-risk and underserved) for technology certifications and success in IT jobs to address an industry shortage of skilled IT professionals. Our sole motivation is to help students land and thrive in IT jobs as we grow the tech workforce.
CompTIA Tech Career Academy is a nonprofit subsidiary of Creating IT Futures Foundation , a 501(c)3 charitable organization. Creating IT Futures, in turn, is a subsidiary of the nonprofit, international tech trade association, CompTIA , headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for building CTCA curriculum, course content and program design.
- Design each class leveraging progressive and emerging education technology, ensuring highest degree of student engagement, learning, and ultimate success in the program.
- Ensure all necessary tools and resources are provided for instructors to delivered at highest level of best practices.
- Provide leadership and guidance to CTCA’s academic programs.
- Support in strategic planning and documentation as required across all CTCA programs to ensure necessary compliance.
- Manage all content development for licensed and custom programs to meet critical deadlines.
- Collaborate with business leaders to prepare and execute programs.
- Serve on CTCA’s core management team to help the business grow and pursue its mission.
- Manage and identify technical platforms across CTCA to be utilized for this position.
- Support the Department of Business Development and Education Servicers, as well as the Department of Academic Affairs in various capacities.
- Other duties as assigned.