Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage and monitor client assignments as well as train the account management staff, new hires and ongoing
- Position has direct reports including Strategic Account Executives
- Set team strategy to achieve and surpass goals, and consistently develop and manage staff
- Build and maintain key client and producer relationships
- Develop and maintain key internal relationships
- Present a positive image of OptumRx to the marketplace
- Detailed understanding of all OptumRx products, services and solutions
- Ability to identify and communicate the need for improvements in OptumRx products and services
- Understands and can communicate goals, operating principles, strategies and competitive position of OptumRx
- In - depth healthcare knowledge, understands important trends
- Demonstrates knowledge of competitor's strengths, weaknesses and strategies
- Understands financing methodologies and strategies
- Thorough knowledge of OptumRx underwriting principles and practices
- Possesses basic math skills
- Can explain and justify a renewal rate to customers
- Participates in preparing for and attending client meetings and finalist sales presentations as necessary
- Regularly attends and actively participates in company meetings as requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years in PBM sales or PBM account management role
- 5+ B2B Account management experience
- 3+ years leading a team of account managers or sales professionals
- Proven client management or sales management experience
- 50% Travel
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated success dealing with brokers / consultants with a proven track record of meeting goals / target
- Labor and Trust experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: director, dlient management, telecommute, remote, work from home