Director of Consulting Services; ATI Worksite Solutions
What’s the role?
The Director of Consulting Services is responsible for overseeing the coordination and implementation of all consulting services through ATI Worksite Solutions. This includes integrating partnerships and resources for supporting clients in reaching their goals for musculoskeletal and health risk mitigation, employee support and cost containment through ergonomic services and consulting. The Director of Consulting Services oversees a team of ergonomic professionals and works to ensure the capabilities and efficacy of the team. A key to your success is ensuring the strategic growth of the ergonomic consulting division with a bridge into our other lines of service: onsite early intervention, embedded occupational medicine services, case management, and remote support.
As a director, you will be responsible for the oversight of monthly, quarterly and annual performance of the consulting service line. This includes the development and performance of yourself and your staff. You are key in empowering and holding your team members accountable for managing their responsibilities within their proposed scopes of work. The role provides mentorship to both AWS ergonomic consultants and Certified Early Intervention Specialists™ performing ergonomic services onsite. This would include the oversight of development of training resources and tools. This position requires a thorough understanding of AWS resources, outside resources and opportunities, as well as continual communication with AWS Directors, Sr Directors, Compliance Team, Business Development and ATI Clinic Leadership. Client visits are required for both staff development and client servicing.
Staff management includes ensuring the capabilities, efficiency, and efficacy of the staffs’ deliverables and interactions. This includes identifying staffing needs, interviewing and hiring, staff training, and ensuring compliance to workflows, communication standards and established regulations. A key to your success is in ensuring dynamic and effective client relations through client discovery, development of scopes of work, quality assurance, and benchmarking scope of work with client needs. You will need to coordinate staff and track pipelines, projects, timelines, and staff band-width.
As a consultant, you will work in the field providing your expertise in client discovery, mentorship and training, project development, project implementation, internal and external client relations, education and continuous improvement practices. You will interface with office and industrial clients to establish deliverables based on a discovery process. Consultants define projects and drive them to completion, exceeding client expectations in product and process. Deliverables include ergonomic job risk analyses and solutions, office ergonomic assessments and training, functional task analysis development, post offer testing development and validation, preventative mobility and stretching programs, gap analyses and ergonomic program implementation.
The Director of Consulting Services and/or your staff may be one of the first interactions that a client has with AWS. In these situations, you must be able to discern a client’s needs and promote the best solution, including promoting an integrated model of early onsite injury prevention. All Ergonomic Consultants are trained and certified as Early Intervention Specialists and may be expected to provide these services intermittently.
As an integral part of the AWS team, you will be asked to take ownership of his/her responsibilities while always looking for ways to improve the product that we deliver to our clients. The secret to success at AWS is to exceed client expectations by providing the highest quality of service in a friendly and encouraging environment; you will set the tone for that delivery for the entire consulting team and other AWS providers during client interactions, training and mentoring. Our core values of quality of care, teamwork, communication, and friendly factor will show in your attitude and day to day interactions with everyone you encounter.
The Director of Consulting Services will be expected to travel up to 50% of time for meeting the needs of external client project, and external training and/or mentorship of AWS staff.
Your purpose at AWS:
To drive the ATI way through the entire consulting team, and assist in demonstrating this during all internal and external AWS encounters. To drive continuous improvement of the AWS Ergonomic Consulting resources, processes and deliverables. Through a culture of engagement and empowerment, you will help to ensure that everyone (from client staff, to AWS team members who are learning from you, to leadership) is striving towards discovering and meeting client needs. You are a resource to all who you encounter.
What’s cool about this job?
You will be part of a team whose members wake up every morning to make other peoples’ lives better.
The Director of Consulting Services position allows for an immense impact across AWS by interfacing with multiple clients, business development, AWS leadership and AWS providers from point of sale to full implementation of projects and programs.
You will join the most effective wholistic Ergonomic and Early Intervention Program in the world while learning skills that will help your personal and professional growth.
As a unique provider in ergonomics within AWS, you will provide guidance to less experienced team members and significant input to the development of our ergonomic programming.
What you need to be successful:
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to take responsibility for a high level of communication
- The ability to empower individuals to continuous improvement
- Excellent organizational and tracking skills, with the ability to self-discipline and self-motivate
- The ability to prioritize projects, ensuring consistent progress
- The ability to effectively and professionally communicate both verbally and in writing with everyone
- you interact with, from entry level associates to plant managers to internal leadership
- The ability to articulate the role of a CEIS and identify client gaps where early intervention would be beneficial.
- The ability to clarify complex topics for others to drive communication to a needed conclusion for project development
- The ability to identify appropriate ergonomic solutions that will benefit clients in risk reduction within budgetary constraints
- The ability to identify and recommend workstation changes to reduce minor reports of discomfort and related functional limitations to maintain employee performance
- The ability to identify obstacles to projects and communicate clear solutions in order for a project to progress
- The ability to manage and proactively use available resources to include time, travel, peer expertise, basic industrial ergonomic tools
- The ability to develop Power Point™ presentations specific to client needs
- The ability to speak in front of groups (2+) for the purpose of presentation of ergonomic ideas, ergonomic prevention education, and/or service delivery education
- The ability to develop and coordinates the delivery of ergonomic and safety classes
- The ability to collect and document on-site data for report and solution development for various ergonomic projects
- The ability to provide internal mentorship on ergonomic solutions to Early Intervention Specialists supporting clients
- The ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers
- Excellent computer skills, as well as strong organizational skills
- Consistently demonstrate enthusiasm, compassion, and the friendly factor to make the day of our internal and external clients
- The ability to travel frequently
- The ability to document and write reports efficiently and completely, with a strong ability to integrate feedback for continuous improvement
- The willingness to expand your ergonomic expertise proactively though on-going education and training
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit throughout entire assigned shift
- All staff must be age 18 or over to be eligible for employment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Biomechanics, Kinesiology, Ergonomics, Athletic Training, Nursing or applicable Allied Health Profession
- Certification: CPE desired, or interest in pursuing
- CPR Certification
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word / Excel/ Power Point)
- Experience working on collaborative teams
- A basic knowledge of workers’ compensation and OSHA regulations, preferred